Swan Oyster Depot

Thursday, April 05, 2012

This past Tuesday was TREAT YO SELF Tuesday & I finally made my way to Swan Oyster Depot. I learned about it from Anthony Bourdain's The Layover, & many of my friends vouched for its deliciousness. Needless to say... I had to go! It was a pretty serendipitous day as it started with a last minute art delivery to a customer in the Burning Man offices (whaaat?) & then a walk to Studio Gallery (for another art show double whaaaaat?), which just so happened to be 2 blocks north of Swan. Bam. Done & done.
When I got in line, there were three parties before me. I waited about 25 mins, but every moment was great. I made friends with the sweet folks around me & talked about architecture school, LA restaurants, & how hungry we all were.
I want to say that in the 2 hours I was in there, the staff knew more than 60% of their patrons by name. Awesome.
Scallops in olive oil, pepper & capers.
Combination seafood salad.
Next time, I'm getting oysters and clams. I did have oysters later that night at hog & rock though. Delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...