Doctor Who's Fort

Friday, June 01, 2012

While my sister was in town, she made sure to get me hooked on Doctor Who. Being a fan of the X-Files, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica (whoa scifi nerd?!?), how did I go so long without watching Doctor Who?!?! Inspired by my binge-watching of the Doctor's adventures-specifically David Tennent's 10th Doctor-I painted what I imagined to be a kid's interpretation. Look closely you'll find a a blanket fort universe, a Dalek constructed out of cardboard boxes, a strainer, and a plunger, and the Doctor's screwdriver as your average household flashlight. The original's been spoken for but I do have limited edition prints in the shop. Enjoy the nerdy homage!

BTW, I do plan on making more fort interpretations of other childhood and cult favorites. Next on the list... Mario & Luigi!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...