Visiting my Lola in Tarlac, Philippines

Tuesday, April 09, 2013


During holy week, the cities become quiet and still while the families reunite in the provinces. I visited my grandma for 5 days in Tarlac on the old chicken farm.
I spent a lot of time painting as there was no internet, but she enjoyed watching me paint.
And boy oh boy does she have stories to tell. Often I'd hear the same one 3 or 4 times each day. They ranged from her childhood, how she was rushed to get married because of the war, how her 10 children were able to go to college because of her "house of eggs" poultry farm, to her travels to Europe. While taking a break from her endless storytelling, I found a container of old pictures, including these gems :)
My mom was adorable!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Old family photos are priceless--truly a treasure. I've spent a lot of time collecting and scanning my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...