Bay Area Maker Faire!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yay... I GOT IN!

I kind of applied as a last minute decision & didn't realize what a big deal it was until Friday, the day of acceptance notification. I went to the maker faire website and read the tag line: 'world's largest DIY festival.' Oh brother!!

I always get so stressed out on notification days, obsessively checking my email & searching twitter for tweets about the fair & its vendors. Friday night, I went out to meet with my childhood friend. I hadn't seen her since middle school and it was wonderful. It was as if no time had passed :). Ugh, but in the back of my head was the constant question... DID I GET IN!? Buzz kill. Kevin was even checking Maker Faire's twitter every 15 minutes and texting me updates and reassuring words to stay calm & optimistic. Ohhhh brother.

It was 11pm and I said adieu to my friend. I decided to look at my phone one last time then walla... I GOT IN! Yeaaaahhhh! I'm absolutely thrilled and honored to be one of the 80 vendors. I'm especially excited about this festival because it's so much more than handmade crafts. It's about makers and technology, engineering, handmade goodies and everything in between. A community of tinkerers! :D

Here are a couple videos to give you a good idea of what is to come!





So yay! Buy your tickets & stop on by! I'd love to see you :)

Maker Faire Bay Area

San Mateo County Event Center
1346 Saratoga Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403

May 21 & 22, 10am - 6pm

2 comments:

S.May said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

genevieve said...

:) thanks miss!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...